A boat takes 5 hours to go 300 km downstream. It takes the same time to go 150 km upstream. Calculate (i) the speed of the boat in still water (ii) the speed of the stream. Answer
Quote of the Day
Get more Educational Articles like this
in your inbox
Join to our 4300 SUBSCRIBERS and get interesting EDUCATIONAL Articles and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
we respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously
- Chapter 1 Real Numbers CBSE Class 10 May 27, 2017
- A and B together can do a piece of work in 15 days. If A’s one day work be 3/2 times the one day’s work of B; find in how many days each alone will do the work. May 23, 2017
- A boat takes 5 hours to go 300 km downstream. It takes the same time to go 150 km upstream. Calculate (i) the speed of the boat in still water (ii) the speed of the stream. May 23, 2017
- 90% acid solution and 97% acid solution are mixed to obtain 21 litres of 95% acid solution. How many litres of each solution are mixed? May 23, 2017
- A and B have some pencils. If A gives 10 pencils to B, then B will have twice as many as A. And if B gives 10 pencils to A, then they will have the same number of pencils. How many pencils does each have? May 23, 2017
- A farmer sold a calf and a cow for Rs 760, thereby making a profit of 25% on the calf and 10% on , the cow. By selling them for Rs 767.50 he would have realised a profit of 10% on the calf and 25% on the cow. Find the cost price of each. May 23, 2017
- A cyclist rode a distance of 12 km against the wind in 3 hrs. He rode back the same distance with the wind in 1 hour only. Find the speed of the wind and the speed of the cyclist, if there is no wind. May 23, 2017
- If the breadth of a rectangle is increased by 3 cm and length is reduced by 2 cm its area would increase by 20cm2. But if the breadth is reduced by 2 cm and length is increased by 1 cm the area would be reduced by 24cm2 , Find the length and breadth of the rectangle. May 23, 2017
- A bus covers a certain distance with uniform speed. If the speed of the bus would have been increased by 15 km/ hr, it would have taken two hours less to cover the same distance. And if the speed of the bus would have been decreased by 5 km/ hr, it would have taken one hour more to cover the same distance. Find the distance covered by the bus. May 23, 2017
- I have certain amount with me. If I give Rs 3 to each student in class, Rs 30 are left with me and If I decide to give Rs 4 to each student then I need Rs 10 more. Find the amount and the number of students in the class. May 23, 2017