Parents Teacher Meeting is a great way to discuss about child’s progress . Parents who are investing to develop their children’s future should do some home work before going to attend parents teacher meeting . They should consider following points before they go to attend the meeting :
- Talk to your child , ask him to share classroom activities with you .
- Ask him which subjects he likes more . Where he finds more difficulties ?
- Inspire him to discuss his favourite periods in class .
- Sometime ask him what he wants to become in his life.
- Try to create healthy and happy atmosphere at home .
- See their calendars ,remarks in calendar .
- Some time check their notebooks , see it is checked regularly or not .
- Keep one diary with you, write your points in it which you would like to discuss with teacher . During meeting time write teacher’s point in the diary .
- Decide in advance what you want to suggest teacher for your child’s progress .
- Take care to remain polite and co-operate in maintaining healthy atmosphere throughout the meeting .
Now let’s see which points teacher should consider in parents teacher meeting :
- Plan yourself for the meeting .
- Teacher should have detail knowledge of the agenda .
- Teacher should have clear idea about their pupils .
- Be polite , speak politely and follow the mannerism .
- Teacher should keep in mind that parents expect to hear from them about their kids’ special progress and suggestions for better improvements .
- Preparation ! Planning ! Practice makes the parents teacher meeting a grand success .
Points to be considered while giving feedbacks :
- While providing feedback to parents in parents teacher meeting , do proper analysis of child’s behaviour in advance . You should have your views ready before hand . Many time teachers start thinking about a particular students when parents ask them ‘How is my baby ?’ This shows that teacher has not done the observation carefully .
- Your feedback should be balanced , it should have both appreciation as well as suggestion .
- Don’t criticise the child , try to find out which behaviour of the child you can appreciate .
- When you feel to criticise , convert your criticism into suggestion .
- Involve parents in discussion .
- Don’t give more time to a particular parents . If you feel that a particular parents has something more to discuss , call them separately . Or speak to them at the end of the meeting .
- When you talk to parents ,be confident , be polite and smile