- First time just for getting the intro of the poem .
- Second time for its vocabulary . Try to get the meaning of the words used in the poem .
- Third read the poem to understand the central idea .
- Read the poem for poetic devices
- Read the poem for complete understanding .
If you follow above five steps , you will be to understand the poem very deeply . What to do after reading the poem ? After reading the poem you should try to write it’s central idea in a note book . Just think if you can recite the poem . Because a poem can be learnt better if we can set some tune for it . Reading a prose is different from reading a verse . There are some inspirational poems , which inspire us throughout the life . Try to understand the social and emotional background of the poem . It helps you create an atmosphere for understanding the poem . When we read a poem ,we go into the world of the poet where he had created the poem . Explain the meaning of the poem to your classmates , in this way you will master the skills of poetry reading . Have ever you thought what makes poets to create poems ? It is their ability to feel the circumstances deeply . They are more sentimental . They have ability to experience the incidents so deeply that words comes out from their heart not from their mind . When words come from heart , it takes the form of a poem .