I dream about my motherland how she should be!
1. The cleanest country in the world:
Today in terms of cleanliness, we are not at the top of the list of cleanest countries in the world. I want India to be number one. This will only happen when everybody becomes responsible, when we stop fellow citizens from throwing garbage out the windows of trains, buses or elsewhere. When we look out the windows of our house or any public transport, we should see the green natural beauty of nature, not a heap of garbage.
2. Toilets every one kilometer on roads or streets.
3. Beggar Free Country: When we visit public places such as railway stations, parks, or religious places, we see miserable people, beggars, and handicapped people. Should we not dream that our nation becomes beggar free?
4. Current Account of every hawkers or small businesses.
5. Black Money free country. According to Times of India (16th Dec, 2014) we are third on the Black Money List.
6. 100% literate country. Today our rate of literacy is 72.1 % (according to Wikipedia).
7. Crime Free Country: In comparison to other countries we have less crime, so I dream that a time will come when we have zero crime.
2. Corruption Free Country: In the list of corrupted country, we are ranked 79th. I dream of my nation being removed from this list.
3. No Casteism: I dream of an India, whose member of parliament is elected on the basis of the merit of their work, not on the basis of caste or religion. But the bitter truth is that candidates get tickets only on the basis of their caste. Casteism is at the root of the political system, be it the election of president or a corporator. Casteism is their base, though they give speeches of a caste free county.
4. Reservation free county: How long can we keep teaching our children the importance of the caste certificate? More importance is given to the caste certificate than to merit. People change their religion, their surnames to get the benefit of government schemes, and political benefit. Nobody dares to discuss this neither inside the parliament nor outside of it.
5. Good Roads and Transport: Every street, road or rail track should be technically adapted to transporting vehicles smoothly. Traffic signals must work smoothly. Every citizen should follow the traffic rules. In terms of road accidents, we ranked first according to the Economic Times (December 2016) and in 2016 some 150 people were killed in the Indore-Patna Express derailment alone. This was the biggest railway accident in the world in 2016.
6. Organization of Public Rallies and Marathon: While organizing public rallies or a marathon, proper care should be taken of those who are not the part of that event.
7. Dutiful Political Bodies: I dream of a nation whose different political organizations work in harmony with the ruling party, where they all discuss issues peacefully in parliament, not on the streets or in processions or strikes; where all political leaders, right from a corporator to a member of parliament, carry out their work as their duty or service to the nation. They should feel embarrassed when people of their ward or constituency have no good means of transport (roads), electricity, water supply and all public amenities. People want freedom from problems of social issues; they have no interest in their political loss or gain.
8. Riot Free country: In terms of riots, today we rank fourth (according to qz.com). I dream of a country where there are no riots, where everyone can live in peace and harmony, without conflict in the name of ‘Gau Rakshak’, or religion; where people of every religion can take care of people of any other religion; where every citizen will respect the feelings of others; when everyone will understand that true religion is Humanity. For this I recommend my fellow citizens to read or listen to the speech of Swami Vivekananda, which he delivered at All Religious Conference, Chicago on 11th September, 1893. We should feel proud that we are Humans.
9. Not words, it is ‘Works’ we Want: I dream of an India where my leaders will say “Vande Mataram through their Works!” Soldiers are working on the borders, farmers are working in the fields, teachers are working in the classroom! Never forget ‘Work is worship’ … then automatically it is ‘Vande Mataram! LOVE THY COUNTRY THROUGH THY DEEDS, NOT THY SPEECH!
10. India as a World Leader: Today we are an economic power, atomic power, satellite power. We have Nobel prize winners in several fields (literature, science, economics, social activities ). The best days of India are yet to come, when the world itself will accept us as a world leader, not only in terms of power but as a happy and most prosperous nation.