Mobile and Education go hand in hand , today we cannot isolate ourselves from power of internet . As it has become part and parcel of our life . Our children know the functionality of mobile . They know how to download different apps . They can spend their time playing games on mobile . Their this interest can be used for teaching them .
Many times illiterate or less qualified people know only misuses of mobile . So they cannot understand the application of mobiles ineducation . They prohibit children to play on mobile . But truly saying these parents and children both should be provided with counseling for the educational uses of mobile .
They can read e-books on mobile .
Let’s see some useful apps :
- Dictionary.com : This app is compatible with iPhone , Blackberry , Android . Dictionary.com is a dictionary and thesaurus that provide access to nearly two million words. This app also says the words if you tap speaker icon .For this internet connection is not needed.
- Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock : This app is compatible with iPhone, iPod etc. Using an accelerometer that monitors your sleep movement , the Sleep Cycle alarm clock wakes you up during your lightest sleep phase . In theory this means that you should get up with more freshness .
- Mental case : This app helps to create notes .It helps to create flash cards which can be equipped with charts, pictures, animations, audio etc.
- Wikipanion : This app helps to surf Wikipedia, online encyclopedia etc. Its search speed is really amazing .
- Ez Read : This app will help you to read literature , poetry etc.
There are more than this , because nowadays , each and every seconds there is a explosion of knowledge . It has become very difficult to cope with this , I would like to advise that we should have some news app like NewsHunt , in our mobile which will help us to keep ourselves updated .
Students can enroll themselves to email notifications to different educational sites like Nasa.com .