There are several ways to inspire students , few of them we are going discuss today .There is a question why we need to inspire. There is a great quote :
An ideal teacher tells,
A good teacher explains,
The best teacher illustrates,
An excellent teacher motivates !
In todays pattern of education , where we expect our students should construct something new, there they need inspiration not only from teacher but also from parents ,society also.
Let’s see which are the great ways to inspire students :
- Praise them by using words like ‘ Great’ , Wow’, ‘ Very nice’
- Provide them resources like books , CDs etc.
- Provide them encouraging pat on their shoulders .
- Sit with them, talk to them .
- Discuss with them their difficulties , their loopholes instead of scolding them .
- Enquire them their difficulties .
- Use proper words .
- Respect their dignity .
- Reply their salutations , respond to their ‘Good morning’ , ‘ Good afternoon’ .
- First win their heart by your mannerism .
- Don’t talk any thing which insults to their parents . They are new to this competitive world .
- Find their talents and praise them .
- Bring sweetness and purity in your eyes while you talk with them . It is one exclusive ways to inspire them .
- The best way to deal with them is that keep in mind that these children are like your own children .
- Self-control : control on words, actions and emotions . Self- control depicts that you are a mature and disciplined and experienced teacher .
- Play with them : This will bring you more close to students . This will develop a bond between students and teacher.
- Share tiffin with them .
- Enquire their health if they remain absent due to illness .
- Provide sympathy : There will be occasions in your teaching career where you will have to be sympathetic .
- Provide counseling : Some time we teacher need to provide counseling to both parents and students.