Why teachers don’t attend training program ? Being a resource person in more than 12 teachers training program, I used ask this question to myself,and I asked this question to several other teachers,principals and some educational experts,then I got following conclusions:
- Busy schedule of the school ,they think it is wastage of time.
- Managements or administrators deny the permission for attending the training programs , as they think it is of no use.
- Teachers themselves are not enthusiastic .
- Personal problems.
- Some teachers are very dedicated so they love to do all the activities but they are over burdened .
- Medium of the training may be other than the mediums of their school ,which they find difficult to understand .
- Sometimes the training schedule and venue both are inconvenient .
- Training materials are not adequate or proper.
But , let’s see following points from Educational and constitutional point of view:
- The RTE says it is the duty of teachers to attend the teachers training program as it is relevant to their profession and in order to keep oneself updated with the present goals of curriculum .
- A teacher can satisfy his duties only when he has knowledge as well as understanding of the profession and new changes taking place in the world of education.
- A teacher is considered as the Nation builder,but today they are like puppets in the hands of managements and administrators , so tomorrow if the goals of education is not achieved then for that only teachers will not be responsible ,but all those people who create hindrance in their teaching and learning(self -learning) process will be culprit for poor implementation of RTE and development of nation.
- Teachers don’t think that administrators or managements are against all these processes, you should try to put clear picture of it in front of them, explain them why it is important ,they will never deny, show your convincing power , your skills to make them understand why you are going to attend orientation programs .
- Management and administrators should think that if your staffs are not in school for one week due such training or orientation , in return of this they will be teaching in school with confidence and proper understanding of new things for full year except those one week.
- By taking degrees one can become clerk or tutor not teacher,to become a teacher there should be a soul of teacher.
- Teachers should not give excuses relevant to schedule or venue of the training because it cannot be convenient to all.
We all ,students,teachers, administrators,governments,and parents should work together with mutual understanding to build a better ,beautiful and peaceful world,and for this we need to come closer to each other ,this too happens in teachers’ training program ,who says don’t make money from educational institutes ,but don’t forgetEducation is not a physical thing which can be sold or delivered by postman(teacher).