Table of Contents
What is Shrimad Bhagavad Gita ?
What is The Shrimad Bhagavad Gita ? It is usually referred to us as the Gita, and it is a 700 verse Hindu scripture in Sanskrit latter many authors wrote it in their own languages and it is a part of The MAHABHARATA EPIC. It provides the concept of Dharma, Bakthi, ideals of moksha through karma and Raja yoga the word Bhagavad Gita is known as the song of God. Gitam means to written declared or chanted it is said to be sacred writings in Hindus there are many Gita but let’s see about Bhagavad Gita we all know that it is written by Vyasa Maharishi.
It is said that in the historic times a war broke out between the Kavrava’s and the Pandavas lord Shree Krishna decided to team up with the Pandavas. During the war period lord, Shree Krishna was given the role of Arjun’s guide and charioteer. As pandava’s were five brothers with and Kauravas were 100 they had their childhood and schooling together every time they were bonded by the innocent bondings of love and caring.
It was very difficult for Arjun to fight against their own brothers and was hesitant so lord Shree Krishna guides him to the path of righteousness and motivates him regarding leading and choosing the right paths and being victorious in aspects. And made Arjun to realize what is correct and what is wrong. Those preaching were not only inspired Arjun but also others.
The Bhagavad Gita is a poetic description of the conversation between Arjun and Lord Shree Krishna. As in those times, poetry was known as one of the greatest aspects, and only highly knowledgeable people would be able to write. So let us know how will this Gita help us know what is correct and what is wrong as it inspired Arjun to let’s see will it inspire us or not. It is also said many people go to walk in the righteousness of the life and world, so let’s see some preachings of lord Shree Krishna :
- Lord shree Krishna says that our body are often killed but not our soul to know this statement he has given an example of a cloth that is when the clothes get torned we replace them with the new one’s so as our soul when a person dies his soul will enter a new body replacing the old one
- Do not be afraid ,to lord Shree Krishna states that the biggest fear a human can have is fear of death, if a human can overcome that fear than he can live a happy and stress-free life . But now we may have different fears arise from different situations but overcoming them will lead to a peaceful and happy life
- Bhagavad Gita Explains : Anger makes a person deceptive we humans have enormous weaknesses but one of them is anger, and it is a natural emotion, but everything has its positives and negative so does this so let’s see what happens when we lose our temper and get angry we cannot differentiate between what is right and what is wrong, so it affects our decision, and we end up harming ourselves
- Bhagavad Gita advocates : Do not doubt other, then anger and fear and doubting can cause a lot of trouble to an individual and others . When we doubt ourselves and others we lose our confidence and with lack of confidence we cannot get succeeded .if we doubt others it is us demotivating them and leading to their failure
- Always keep control if we cannot control on the flow of actions or activities we do we can get distracted and create a lot of mess and to clear the mess , we need to keep redoing the same things, so every human can get distracted how can we overcome this . If we take some time and meditate, so we come to a state of mind where we can solve our problems and overcome our distractions and can also track our actions
- Bhagavad Gita teaches : Control your desires our human minds are never stable, we always have an inception of emotions and desires. We always want something from us or from others so while expecting something from others it’s maybe disappointing sometimes that Is why we need to take a hold on our desires and keep our minds at peace by keeping our minds at peace we can control our desires
- Do not be selfish when an individual becomes selfish it is difficult for them to face reality because of the selfishness he cannot see things through a right way and can create problems for himself
- Bhagavad Gita advises : Whatever happens it happens for our good whenever something bad happens we get into a lot of pressure and keep worrying about them, and it affects our decisions for the future, or we may be thinking of the future or past and keep worrying about it so lord Shree Krishna says that what happened is happened for good what is happening to you is happening for good and what will happen for something good
- Do not run from your responsibilities from the start of a human’s birth they are bounded by certain responsibilities and in his lifetime he should be willing to fulfil them and not be afraid of them .do not run away from your responsibilities
- Do your best and don’t worry about the results when a person is performing a task he is always worried about the results, due to this he cannot focus on the task. It affects his work and will reflect on the results. So always focus on the work not results .
If an individual follows these things, then he can lead his life very happily and can be in the right path, and we can find any solution to the preaching in Bhagavad Gita. Many people who lose hope or are in serious trouble will read Bhagavad Gita to overcome them. It is not just religious preaching, those are the principles to lead a prosperous life and be righteous and make the world a better place.