‘How To Learn’ is the first thing each and every individual should be taught, but I have seen here that the scenario is often totally different.
People start learning without knowing ‘Why to learn’ or ‘How to learn’. Most people follow or copy others. I want to advocate that people should try to figure out their ‘own urge’. Without knowing – or knowing their passion – they cannot choose their own career. Most people want to copy others. They compete with others but, truly speaking, in this way they lose their own identity. ‘How to learn’ means learning to learn. Let’s see ‘How To Learn’:
- Connecting Knowledge: Learn to connect the knowledge of one subject with another subject. Do you connect the knowledge of Algebra with Geometry? Do you connect the knowledge of Science with Literature? No. We always assumed that Science is different to Literature. Science Fiction and Mystery stories are nothing but applications of scientific knowledge with literature.
- Power of Translation: Children should know how to translate words into mathematical equations and from mathematical equations into words. Many times children don’t read questions carefully, and when in a hurry they frame questions incorrectly so need to be taught how to translate verbal information into equations, and this should begin from an early age.
- Learn To Make Questions: Children should be taught to guess the questions and frame new questions on their own. We should inspire them to develop their imaginative powers.
- Learn To Predict Questions: They should be taught to predict the questions which are going to come in exams.
- Try To link Daily Life With Education: We should inspire children in how to use education in daily life.
- Play Everyday: Children should have a stress-free childhood. They should be given full freedom to play, and should be taught the practice of self-discipline.
- Memorize With Understanding: Childrens’ learning can be enlightened by making them understand the text. Learning with understanding will make them memorize complex principles easily. They should be taught to think logically.
- Good Marks Don’t Ensure That You Are Skilled Or Educated Fully: It is a skill how skilfully our children can utilize theoretical knowledge in practical life.
- Love For Learning: Children should fall in love with learning, because if they love their studies (learning) they will study on their own. Learning will then become a mission to them. They will not give excuses but will put every possible effort to improving themselves.
- Learn While You Play: If children love to learn they will enjoy their schooling. While playing, also, they will find out how a game is co-related to their learning, but it should be natural.
- Self-competition : Children should not be compared with others . They should be taught to compete with themselves . They should be taught to set their own goal and chase them .